Born in the heart of the land of goats, in the Centre Val de Loire, the Crottin is a specialty cheese made from raw milk which is ladled by hand.
It is a small whole milk goat cheese. Its white or ivory paste is covered with a thin, natural rind, fine and flowery.
Its texture : Firm and compact
Its taste: Nuanced and nutty
Its flavor: Creamy and flowery and more or less spicy depending on maturity: melting and flowery and more or less strong depending on maturity
- Semi-dry, it releases milky aroma and a light goaty flavor.
- Slightly flowery, its flavor is more pronounced but stays balanced.
- More refined, it can be covered with blue penicillium and then releases aromas of mushrooms and undergrowth.
- Dry, the Chavignol reveals flavors of walnut and hazelnut.
- Older, preserved in stoneware pots, the "repassé" will surprise you with its strong and creamy flavor.
Crottin au lait cru
Sevre Et Belle
Unpasteurized milk of goat(tackle), Salt, ferments